A Night in the Esperia Blade


Storytime: Decided to log in and have some fun in the Esperia Blade and track down some bounties. Woke up from my hab in Orison and found my way to the spaceport. Flying through the crimson clouds I searched for a contract. Found a bounty for a player by the name of AdamKadeyooh, he was last seen near Hurston. I figured if I was going to do some bounties I might as well make it interesting. After arriving at the location it was clear he had long since gone, and tracking close to fifteen minutes he could be anywhere in the verse. I stopped by Hurston Security Depot 1, but no luck. There was a friendly gladius parked at the site named CuuchieMan. I flew past and back into orbit aware of my draining fuel. Then a contract popped up for a wanted fugitive who had escaped from Klesher. I jumped over to Aberdeen and swooped down on the helpless Ursa Rover. The Blades laser cannon's and repeaters made short work of failed escapee, as the rover blew up of flames. The Blades three engines ignited as the ship took off and flew out of atmosphere and into space. Already seeking out a new contract, and checking the status of other bounties with no update to his last known position. 

Switching gears to anther bounty the blade was flying through the atmosphere of Hurston with the sound went off, fuel was at 25% and for a light fighter like the blade that meant it was time to head back. I decided to take my chances and ask for help. Sure enough someone responded in global, it was AdamKadeyooh, the bounty. So I took my chances. I sat their waiting, and devised a simple plan, I'd fuel up eva out and board his ship. Several minutes passed an another ship came by, a sabre pilot by the name of CuuchiMonster. Said he wanted to watch the refuel. A few minutes later he got board and jumped away.

Then AdamKadeyooh's marker updated he was near Crusader. I invited him to my party and gave him my location. A few minutes later his marker updated, he was on the far side of Hurston. Then, he jumped in, arriving in a gladius, and a mantis. It was a trap!

I slammed the throttle to full and jetted away, launching chaff and flares to deter the missiles. Off my radar a mantis,  appeared and deployed it's dampeners. They were out for blood, my blood. I raced away new I had to run as I had no fuel to fight. Running of fumes I let the ship drift into the void as I saw the contacts slow fade off into the distance. I then jumped away. 

Arriving at Everus Harbor I see several messages appear in global chat. Running on the pad I hear the turrets light up, and then the blade explodes on the pad. I go inside and tell my attacker's I'd decline the charges, give them the benefit of the doubt. I claim my ship and head back out to the pad.

I jump in the ship but before the ship can power up it gets blown into oblivion.

I read the comments in chat, from now my fourth assailant, SaberSixOne, the unfortunate Klesher prisoner. "***** kill me again on Aberdeen and I'll never let u spawn in a blade"

I sign off saying, "I only get paid in salt, and this was a great bonus."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timbur's Log 19 Nov 2949

Theorycraft: 4 Freelancer Max's versus 1 Caterpillar

Mantis Attack!